Adrian’s family has been in business on Miami Beach for over four decades, ever since his parents fled Cuba to build a better life in the United States and took a chance on the American dream. Their family restaurant, David’s Café, has been a fixture of the community for generations. Adrian has followed his parents’ legacy by expanding the family business, and he is the proud owner of the new David’s Café Cafecito on Alton Road.
Adrian Gonzalez is truly a Miami Beach homegrown candidate – raised, educated, and now a second-generation small business owner in the city he loves. Adrian is a devoted husband to wife Laura, and the proud father of two wonderful boys, Dylan and Theo.
Apart from his loving family, nothing has contributed more to Adrian’s character and identity than Miami Beach. This city is fundamental to who Adrian Gonzalez is as a person. Now, Adrian is running for the Miami Beach City Commission in order to give back to a community that has inspired Adrian to public service. Every day, Adrian is focused on and driven by his commitment to improve the quality of life for the residents. Those commitments are detailed in his Priorities below. Please learn more about Adrian Gonzalez, assess his platform, leadership and vision for Miami Beach’s present and future, and vote for him in this election.
Community Involvement & Leadership
- Current Elected President of Lakeview HOA
- President of the Lincoln Road Mercantile Association
- Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority
- Miami Beach Transportation and Parking Board
- Past President of The Sails Condo HOA
- Founder of the AG Youth Hospitality Project
- Attended Miami Dade College
- Attended Tallahassee Community College
- Miami Beach High School, Class of 1992
- St. Joseph’s Catholic School
- Biscayne Elementary School
Quality Of Life For Residents
- Vigorously protect the rights of all of Miami Beach’s diverse populations.
- Oppose development projects that adversely impact our traffic problems and quality of life.
- Support the city’s historic preservation efforts while respecting private property rights. There must be a balanced approach to keep the unique charm of Miami Beach’s community, while supporting great new ideas and sensible progress.
Flooding & Environment
- Support the City’s present and future infrastructure investments and flood prevention plans to keep the city dry and protect homeowners’ and business owners’ property values.
- Ensure that the city budget is sufficient to invest in improving our flood control and infrastructure.
- Support green initiatives at the municipal level to do our part to try and reverse humanity’s impact on global warming.
- Keep and maintain our local trolleys and interconnect them from North to South.
- Oppose development that increases traffic impact and adversely affects residents' quality of life.
- Support innovative modes of transportation connecting Miami Beach to the mainland.
- Support enhanced operation of Uber and Lyft – Miami Beach needs alternative and modern transportation options.
- Strong schools make Miami Beach an all-around great and attractive place to live.
- Although education is a state and school board responsibility, the city must find innovative ways to encourage excellence in Miami Beach schools and make up for state and Board shortfalls in vision and creativity.
- Excellent schools in Miami Beach are great for business and the local economy.
Transparency & Accountability in City Hall
- Provide proper fiscal oversight and protect taxpayer money.
- Maintain a proper City millage rate so that residents receive high quality services for the taxes and fees they pay.
- Make sure that City pensions are fiscally sustainable, remain affordable for the taxpayers in the long term, and are fair for public employees that provide services.
GENERAL, November 5th | RUN-OFF, November 19th
On the Miami-Dade County Election Website you will find information on voter registration, locations to register, voting options, voting locations, key dates to remember for upcoming elections and much more. The Elections Department is here to serve you! Please do not hesitate to email the Elections Department with your questions and suggestions, or call 3-1-1 for additional information.